HOW AUTHENTIC AND LEGITIMATE IS THE UNITED NATIONS ASSOCIATION OF GHANA?
The information below should clearly convince you with no shred of doubt that the United Nations Association – Ghana is a legitimate and credible UN Association.
- It was then called the Ghana United Nations Association (GUNA) of which former president J. A Kufuor and Dr. Lawrence Tetteh ( founder/ President of the Worldwide Miracle Outreach ) were once members.
- The name GUNA was later changed to United Nations Association – Ghana (UNA-GH) to conform to the global naming of United Nations Associations in 2002. Open the link to read more: https://www.unagh.org/who-we-are/
- UNA-GH is affiliated with the World Federation of United Nations Associations ( WFUNA)
Open the link below and click on Ghana to see the name UN Association – Ghana :
- The current National Executives of UNA-GH were sworn into office by a High Court Judge at the Parliament of Ghana. Click the link to watch a short video of the swearing-in ceremony:
- Open the link below to view colorful pictures of the swearing-in ceremony: https://www.unagh.org/gallery/
- Open the link below to watch short videos of solidarity messages during the swearing-in ceremony: https://www.unagh.org/videos/
- Among the National Executives of UNA-GH include Dr.William Gyedu-Asiedu, a lecturer at the Koforidua Technical University; Dr. Mark Nii Lamptey, former Manager of NHIS in charge of Gomoa, Ekumfi, Mfantseman Municipal; Hon. Francis Xavier Sosu, MP for Madina Constituency (Lawyer); Nana Dr.Ama Amissah III, Queen mother of Mankesim Traditional Area & the National Treasurer of Queen Mothers’ Association. ( https://www.unagh.org/natl-executives/), Mr. Conrad Kakraba (formerly a Newscaster for GTV) and Mr. Lord Asante Fordjour (formerly a Broadcast Journalist with TV3) https://www.unagh.org/corporate-affairs-directorate/
ABOUT THE UNITED NATIONS ASSOCIATION OF GHANA
Established in 1952, the United Nations Association-Ghana (UNA-GH) remains the only recognized UN Association in Ghana affiliated with the World Federation of United Nations Associations (WFUNA)
The World Federation of United Nations Associations (WFUNA) is the only global organization with the primary mission of supporting the principles and purposes of the United Nations. WFUNA represents and coordinates a membership of over 100 national United Nations Associations (UNAs).
Every UN member state has only one United Nations Association (UNA) which must be affiliated with WFUNA, hence UNA-GH remains the only recognized and legitimate UN Association in Ghana.
UNA-GH has undertaken various programs and projects to promote the UN agenda through its established wings, namely the United Nations Youth Association (UNYA-GH), the United Nations Association of Ghana Commission for Women and Children’s Affairs (UNACWCA), and the United Nations Association Artisans Project (UNAAP).
UNA-GH is established as a non-governmental, non-partisan, non-profit-making, progressive, and registered organization to become the main people’s (mass) movement of the UN for the creation of a global village devoid of conflict, diseases, and poverty, hunger, illiteracy, and underdevelopment.
UNA-GH exists to formulate, execute, and sustain strategic projects and programs in Ghana and elsewhere through collaboration with governments, WFUNA, UNAs, UN Agencies, and development partners by educating and engaging people in the work of the UN for the achievement of its goals.