Call for application for the position of Regional Women Organizer and a Deputy for the United Nations Association – Ghana.
1. You are required to apply and pay for the application fee.
– The application fee also covers your annual membership dues.
– Note that there will be no refund after any payments.
2. You must be 18 years and above.
3. You must be a Ghanaian.
4. You must reside in the region you are applying for.
5. You must have at least tertiary education.
6. You must have organizational qualities and experience in mobilizing the women in her region, and basic knowledge of ICT is required.
7. You must be selfless and willing to offer humanitarian/voluntary services.
8. You must believe in the ideals and principles of the United Nations.
9. You must have no criminal records.
10. You must have no social deviant behavior
11. You must have experience in community organization at the grassroots level, campaign management, or public interest advocacy.
12. You should have experience in planning and running large-scale events or display-related skills.
13. You must be flexible, culturally sensitive, and a practical leader with strong management skills and good interpersonal skills.
14. You must command the common local language of the region and have strong English-language oral and written communication skills.
WOMEN ORGANIZER’S ROLE
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Designing and organizing women’s program activities to increase the participation of women in UN programs at the regional level.
- Working with existing local women groups and individuals to develop innovative approaches for increasing their access to and effectiveness within the UN body.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with women-oriented donors, NGOs, local and international partners, and others;
- Regularly traveling around the region to establish local women groups/clubs and oversee project performance, and meet reporting objectives;
- Conducting analysis and producing reports for UNA-GH regional and national Secretariats.
- Working closely with the Regional Fundraising Officer to develop proposals to raise funds for women’s programs and projects within the region.
- Participating in local and foreign women’s conferences