Call for application for the position of Regional Treasurer for the United Nations Association – Ghana.
1. You are required to apply and pay for the application fee.
– The application fee also covers your annual membership dues.
– Note that there will be no refund after any payments.
2. You must be 18 years and above.
3. You must be a Ghanaian.
4. You must reside in the region you are applying for.
5. You must have at least tertiary education.
6. You must have adequate qualifications and experience in financial management, plus basic knowledge of ICT
7. You must be selfless and willing to offer humanitarian/voluntary services.
8. You must believe in the ideals and principles of the United Nations.
9. You must have no criminal records.
10. You must have no deviant social behavior.
Treasurer Duties and Responsibilities
A Treasurer has a critical role at the regional secretariat; he or she is responsible for managing finances for the secretariat. Some other responsibilities include:
- Manage incoming payments
- Deposit received funds
- Write outgoing cheques
- Document all business financial transactions
- Manage formal reports and bank statements
- Oversee and approve all financial plans or revisions to plans
- Plan and ensure adherence to the pre-determined financial budget for the year
- Ensure the protection of funds from any potential misuse by any other officer of the secretariat.
Treasurer Skills and Qualifications
The candidate will report to the Financial officer of the Corporate Affairs Directorate (CAD) of UNA-GH.
He or she should have strong analytical skillsets and basic accounting knowledge. Common qualifications include:
- Excellent organizational skills regarding documentation and file or record-keeping
- Strong verbal and visual financial reporting skills
- Exceptional ability to communicate complex financial information
- Valuable time management and prioritization skills
- Solid understanding of budget planning and finance
- Substantial value for ethics and trustworthy operations.