Call for application for the position of Regional Media Liaison Officer for the United Nations Association – Ghana.
1. You are required to first apply for membership and pay GHC 205.00 to cover your annual membership fee and to apply for the United Nations Association-Ghana (UNAGH) Regional Executive position.
– The application form covers your Membership registration and application for the Regional Executive position contest.
-Note, that only applicants who have paid their membership fee will have their application reviewed for shortlisting to enter the next stage of the job contest, and that is online public voting.
– You will be duly informed when you are shortlisted and be required to pay an additional GHC 150.00 to participate in the online public voting to compete for the position on our official website.
– The online public voting process is expected to last for about 15 days. Applicants who obtain the highest votes will be appointed to their respective Regional Executive positions.
– Note that there will be no refund after payments.
2. You must be 18 years and above.
3. You must be a Ghanaian.
4. You must reside in the region you are applying for.
5. You must have at least tertiary education.
6. You must have a Media/Communication/PR background, and basic knowledge of ICT.
7. You must be selfless and willing to offer humanitarian/voluntary services.
8. You must believe in the ideals and principles of the United Nations.
9. You must have no criminal records.
10. You must have no deviant social behavior.
ROLE OF MEDIA LIAISON OFFICER
The role of the Media Liaison Officer is to strengthen relationships with media outlets in the region to the strategic goals of the organization– leading to increased uptake of UNAGH stories in the media.
The Media Liaison Officer is expected to work closely with the Director of Media at the National Secretariat for direction and approval.
The successful applicant must have significant experience and skills in communications, journalism, public relations or similar.
He/She must have established contacts with both private and state media houses, and must demonstrate a commitment to promoting the UNAGH brand and progressive values.
The role of the Media Liaison Officer includes the following:
• developing communications material including press releases, fact sheets, website copy, and briefing notes for the media.
• liaising with journalists/media outlets and mapping their areas of focus against the organization;
• co-ordination of media events;
• media monitoring;
• developing advocacy and educational campaign messages
• working with other officers to achieve our major media and campaign objectives;
• assisting with the development, implementation, and evaluation of corporate communications policy and protocols.
• Must be more proactive than reactive.,