Call for application for the position of Regional General Secretary and a Deputy for the United Nations Association – Ghana.
1. You are required to apply and pay for the application fee.
– The application fee also covers your annual membership dues.
– Note that there will be no refund after any payments
2. You must be 25 years and above.
3. You must be a Ghanaian.
4. You must reside in the region you are applying for.
5. You must have at least tertiary education.
6. You must have qualifications and experience in administrative management, plus basic knowledge of ICT.
7. You must be selfless and willing to offer humanitarian/voluntary services.
8. You must believe in the ideals and principles of the United Nations.
9. You must have no criminal records.
10. You must have no socially deviant behavior.
ROLE OF GENERAL SECRETARY
The General Secretary is responsible for ensuring accurate and sufficient documentation to meet legal requirements and to enable authorized persons to determine when, how, and by whom the Regional Secretariat’s business was conducted.
The General Secretary records minutes of meetings to ensure their accuracy, and availability proposes policies and practices, submits various reports to the board, maintains membership records, fulfills any other requirements of the Chairman, and performs other duties as the need arises.
The General Secretary is accountable to the Corporate Affairs Directorate and the national secretariat who appointed him/her.
The secretary is responsible for ensuring accurate minutes of meetings are taken and approved.
The secretary ensures that the records of the organization are maintained as required by law and made available when required by authorized persons.
He/she needs to be more proactive than reactive.