Call for application for the position of Regional Disability Officer and a Deputy for the United Nations Association – Ghana.
1. You are required to apply and pay for the application fee.
– The application fee also covers your annual membership dues.
– Note that there will be no refund after any payments.
2. You must be 18 years and above.
3. You must be a Ghanaian.
4. You must reside in the region you are applying for.
5. You must have at least tertiary education.
6. You must have leadership qualities and experience in managing and leading a large team, including basic knowledge of ICT.
7. You must be selfless and willing to offer humanitarian/voluntary services.
8. You must believe in the ideals and principles of the United Nations.
9. You must have no criminal records.
10. You must have no deviant social behavior.
The Role of Regional Disability Officer:
The disability officer is the key representative of persons with disabilities, ensuring that members with disabilities are registered with the UNAGH and must play a leading role in championing the concerns of persons with disabilities.
There are three key aims:
- Making sure that the voices of members with disability are heard.
- Campaigning on disability – playing a leading role in making sure that UNAGH campaigns include disability issues.
- Ensuring that everything that is feasible and possible is done to ensure the full participation of persons with disabilities in UNAGH activities.
- Promote the involvement of members with disabilities in UNAGH programs and activities, and ensure that UNAGH activities and meetings are relevant and accessible to members.
- Listen to persons with disabilities and ensure that their issues are reflected in UNAGH’s policies.
- Run events for persons with disability can access, including training, policy development, and social events.
- Reach out to persons with disability through local campaigns, and work with disability organizations in the region and abroad to highlight disability issues, and get a better deal for persons with disability.
- Work to ensure that persons with disabilities are not subjected to harassment or abuse within the UNAGH and in the country as a whole. to compete.